Skip to main content

Day in the life of a 'Suchana' MUA for London Fashion Week

Hi Guys!

What gorgeous weather we've having lately.. It looks like Spring is well and truly here :)

It's been a while since I've blogged but things have been busy, busy, busy!

Today's post is all about my behind the scene and being an assistant to Suchana Makeup artist for the Pakistan Fashion Show for London Fashion Week!
Yep! lol somehow I landed in assisting the lovely Suchana at her gig and it was fantastic!

The gorgeous Models in the beautiful clothes on the night. 


I know everyone gives stick to makeup artist's these days saying they are a dime a dozen but that's such a negative way to look at these amazingly hardworking individual's.
I completely salute these girls who a lot of times are full time mums as Suchana. Many have full time/part-time jobs and do this as a passion whilst working long gruelling hours with heavy cases of make-up & hair styling equipment to lug around along. This occupation also comes with very early starts and lots of standing around in tiny little back rooms with poor ventilation and lighting. So who said it was glamorous all the time?! 

These ladies are amazingly talented individuals who are using their own initiative to be employed at a time when jobs are really hard to come by and I think we should appreciate the hard work that goes into being a MUA.
Make-Up artistry like most area's of fashion related professionals have to keep up to date on trends and fashion, they have ongoing training to stay fresh and have to constantly update the portfolio to stay current.

The start up for any Hair & Makeup artist is not cheap with courses for 2 days starting from around £300 to £3000 and that doesn't include the cost of having a full makeup kit to cater to clients of all ethnicity which can cost hundreds £££££ more.

Suchana is a lovely girl and we go way back when I was running my online Boutique 'Saree Essence'. 
Suchana was kind enough to come to my launch party and I think it was also her launch into the world of being a free lance Hair & Makeup artist.

Saree Essence Launch Night and Suchana's debut as a Makeup Artist 2010

Over the years Suchana and I have collaborated on a couple of other shoots and things but this was only the 2nd time that I had met her in person and she is still very much the same girl that I met such a long time ago.


Suchana, Hard at work at the Pakistan Fashion Show for London Fashion Week 

Suchana's Bridal Look with Saree Essence 2011

Suchana's Registry Look with Saree Essence 2011

We had a great night then as we did this time around 4 years on... Suchana is still very much a down to earth, easy going girl! 
She has no airs about her and from what I experienced, made everyone of the models feel at ease and had a great rapport with everyone involved.

So here's a peek of what we got up to at the Pakistan Embassy in Knightsbridge for London Fashion Week and  the amazing work that Suchana and couple of other makeup artist along with my contribution on the day.
It was a great day with lovely girls, beautiful clothes and yummy food laid on by the Pakistan Embassy in an amazing setting as you can see from the pic's below.

The evening catwalk show was watched by the High Commissioner of Pakistan along with other foreign diplomats. unfortunately I had to leave early due to other commitments and had to miss the actual fashion show :( 

Pakistan Embassy, Knightsbridge
Suchana's work on the beautiful model no1 

Suchana at work on her 2nd model

And the hair

Suchana's 3rd Model of the day

Suchana's model-1 

Suchana model-2

This is the lovely model that I made over on the day and Suchana was kind enough to share her make-up kit as I wasn't aware that I would be so hands on lol

My before and after on the model. 


Hair & make-up courtesy of moi.

and again, Close-up

Side profile of hair & make-up by moi.

Hope you enjoyed the post as much as I did taking part and just to let you guys know that Suchana is an experienced Bridal Hair & Make-up artist along with being proficient in High End Fashion and Catwalk Makeup Artist and you can find her link here for future reference.

On a different note just to let you guys know all the photo's taken on the day were taken by me on my iphone5s so please excuse that they don't look all that great but for me it's all about sharing a great day..

The main photo is the work of PhotoExperts and the 3rd & 4th Bridal look photo's are from a pro photo shoot done with Suchana by my husband.

Hope the good weather continues and here's to making the most of it and thank you for dropping by and having a read..

Please do let me know what you thought of the post? I value all feed back!

Lot's of love!

Easmin xx







Comments

  1. Hi Easmin! Sounds like a great opportunity. The models look gorgeous and their clothes are so different. Well done making over your model :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Lovely, Thank you for dropping by :) It was a great opportunity and is something I'm considering taking up on the sideline. The model's all looked gorgeous for sure! xx

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri