Skip to main content

Product Rave's ~ Bioderma & Nivea Daily Essentials

Hello Peachy Plum's,

Hope everyone is getting the hang of 2014? 

I for one am actually writing 2014 instead of 2013 which is a nice change for me! Usually I'm still in the previous year half way into the New Year lol... 

Well here's me going on as usual when I'm sure you guys just want me to get on with telling you what the post is all about...

Today's post is about couple of skin care/beauty products that I can't seem to stop raving about to everyone....

The 2 products in question are the Bioderma Sebium H20 which I know everyone has done more then enough talking about and the other being the Nivea Daily essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover.

Bioderma Sebium 250ml £4.50 to £9.99
Nivea Daily Essential's Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover 125ml £3.59 

These 2 products have become real holy grail products and I will tell you why. 
The reason's are quite simple these little beauties actually work! They are great value for money so you save on those £££'s and they are doing exactly what they are supposed to be.

Now for me having combination to oily skin has been the bane of my life.
Over the year's I have had a really tough time finding products which actually work without causing other unwanted side effects from a young age and now having turned a OLDER I have noticed over the last couple of year's that there's another little culprit which has snuck in and that is dry/dehydration, issues which honestly we can all do without.
This issue gets more then ugly during the winter month's due to the colder/windier weather and due to the very necessary central heating

Now every time I've tried to combat the dehydration/dryness with heavier or more hydrating moisturiser's, they have actually broken me out but not anymore thank god!

Bioderma Sebium H20 has completely changed my skin and has been a miracle skin saver for me this year!
The French have gone and done it again as usual and as many of you know I love all things french ohhh lala! 


I have had no breakout's at all since I started using this around 3 months ago and usually during the colder month's I get the worst breakout's due to the reason's mentioned above with me compensating with heavier moisturiser's etc. 

I have been using the Bioderma as a toner twice a day after I have removed my makeup with a baby wipe and removed eye makeup with a eye make up remover. 
I then cleanse my skin with \my favourite foaming wash off Cleanser which is the Origin's Checks & Balances face wash and then I complete my cleansing routine by wiping my whole face and neck with the Bioderma Sebium with a cotton wool pad followed by my usual Boots Protect & Perfect Serum to moisturise. 
This leaves my skin feeling amazing without any stripping or feeling of tightness and is as gentle as water as the name itself tells us (H20 = Water)  this is due to the enriched purifying active ingredients which cleanses and regulates sebum or as we know oil secretion. 

The Bioderma is a wipe of cleanser on its own and can be used without the 2 other steps I have mentioned above but I found that this routine is what works the best on me. 
It does mention on the website that you should dab your face with a clean wet towel after cleansing but I've never felt the need and have had no adverse reaction for not doing so. 
This cleanser is recommended for combination to oily skin which is prone to breakout's and blemishes and recommended for teenage/puberty related skin issue's. This is what it says on the Bioderma website read here 

Which means that 20 odd years on I'm still going through my puberty lol

Bioderma Sebium and the whole range is available in some select chemist's or can be purchased online here and the price's are very reasonable compared to som eof the other toner's and cleanser's that I have tried and tested! 

We now go onto this little gem which is the Nivea Daily Essentials Double Effect Eye Make-Up Remover.



This bottle I picked up at a bargain price of £1.62 from Superdrugs but it can be purchased from all Boot's, Super markets and chemist's regular price is only around the £3.50 mark.

This is a miracle worker on all eye make-up! It can remover even  the toughest waterproof mascara, eyeliner just in a couple of swipes. 

This oil and moisturising/protecting combination works like magic and removes the eye make-up without causing any irritation to the eye area at all and leaves the eye area feeling cleansed and moisturised without any heavy oily residue. This has no offensive scent or sensation and feels as gentle as water.

The Double Effect is spot on and and it will not leave you looking panda eyed as many other top of the range high end brands have done!

I have gone through many eye make-up remover from the usual high street brands to high end brands like Clarin's, Lancome, to Shu Uemura Cleansing oils etc especially as I love wearing liquid eyeliner/khol and mascara on a daily basis. 
This to me beats all of the above and more many hands down and the winning factor for me is the combination of price with effectiveness of product! 
I don't think I will be purchasing any other Eye Make-Up remover any time soon and I ask all you lovelies to go and give these 2 products a go especially the make up remover as it is suitable for all skin types....

Please do let me know how you get on if you give either 1 of the above a whirl and would love to hear from anyone who is already using or has used either products already and what their opinions are?

Love all feed back and will reply to all comments so please do let me know what you think of this post and any others.

Its time to say Au Revoir!

Easmin xxx









Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri