Skip to main content

Revlon Grow luscious Mascara Reviewed!

Hi Lovelies!

It looks like Autumn is truly upon us!  The day's are getting shorter and colder which means for me there's less hours in the day to fit my crazy, busy life ...

I know it has been a while since I've had a chance to blog with the kids back to school demands etc taking up all my spare time lol but today I thought I would try and squeeze in a very quick post about a mascara that I previously wrote off as being not so great and actually I've changed my mind big time..

This isn't something that happens very often BUT what can I say even us blogger's can get it wrong from time to time ;))

So the Mascara in question today is the 'Revlon Grow LusciousMascara which is 1 of the newer mascara's from Revlon.


This Mascara is being marketed as a revolutionary new twist on a traditional mascara's and this is what it say's on the 'Boot's' website:

**Revlon introduces a revolution in mascara with Grow Luscious Mascara. A multi-benefit mascara and lash enhancer that gives instantly longer and fuller lashes while helping them to grow stronger with each use.
This mascara has actually really impressed me since my no7 Extreme Length Sensitive Eye Mascara finished and I'm really glad I gave this 1 another go.

This mascara really packs a punch for the £9.99 price tag and if you are after full luscious lashes then this mascara is a must!
It's really worth your while going down to your local 'Boot's' to pick this up as they currently have the 'Buy 1 get 2nd half price on selected cosmetics' offer on at the moment which means that you can save a couple of pounds and add couple of new pieces of make-up for the new season...
Also another recommendation that I got is that some say that it's a great dupe Diorshow mascara but as I've not used the Dior mascara in question so I can't say either way unfortunately but if anyone has made the comparison I would really love to know about it!

Now onto the nitty grtitty on this fab mascara!

Let's start with the  claim about helping growth on your lashes.
As shown in the pic's below I don't have the worlds best eye lashes and need all the help that I can get and this mascara has actually made my lashes feel thicker and heavier even after I've removed the mascara at the end of the day.




I think the mascara leaves a residue of some kind on your lashes even after removal and the best thing that I've noticed is that I'm actually not losing as many lashes as I previously used to!
Now I don't know if that's due to the  'Grow' technology but for me it's doing a pretty good job overall and I'm glad I took this out of the make -up draw for another spin otherwise I would've really missed out on a pretty decent mascara.

This little beauty gives you great length along with fuller volume on your lashes from the 1st coat as shown below.



The mascara wand is not too large and not too small and has a simple bristle head which is what I prefer, I'm not one of those who loves over sized or fancy shaped mascara wands and this actually is perfect for a me.
The wand some may feel is a little on the long side but it doesn't get in the way of application so that's not of any concern. The size and length of the wand means that you can reach all lashes to give an even smooth application.







This mascara seems to coat the individual lashes without clumping which is 1 of my pet hates lol and to give credit where credit is due this mascara really enhances the lashes beautifully giving you, the wearer almost a false lash effect with just 2 coats as mine below





This mascara does not flake, smudge or budge through the day and is easy enough to remove with a standard make up remover even the waterproof Blackest black which is what I've got.

The only down side for me that the Blackest black really isn't as dark as I had hoped and really does come off as a standard black and I had hoped for something with more depth in the shade but overall I think that it's a great little addition to my make-up bag especially for the value and quality of product you get here.

This is how my eye's looked with 3 coats of mascara plus a flick of good old liquid liner!
Not bad eh?





Hope you guys enjoyed finding out about this mascara and do let me know if you go ahead and give it a try and what you guys think of it?
It's always great to get feedback on my posts and I look forward to every comment be it positive or negative. so drop me a line lovelies!

Until next time mwah!


Purchase your Revlon Grow Luscious Mascara here




Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri