Skip to main content

Dress your face this Autumn!


 Hello My Peachy Pumpkin's!

Yep! Its that time of year again when we have to make that seasonal change! Bring out the warmer clothing, put away our summer essentials and start thinking about short days and longer nights boohoo! 

But hey it's not all doom and gloom as this means for me cosier nights sitting in front of the telly watching my favourite TV show's.
Late night shopping trips for moi on Oxford Street, purchasing the new season's makeup and don't forget the roasted chestnuts along with the christmas light's!

Now today's post is about the Autumn/Winter makeup trends.  
I've picked out a few of my favourite looks that I want to share with you all and really, honestly, most catwalk looks don't translate very well into real life so I've only included looks that can be worn by ANYONE without looking like some kind of 'Catwalk' wannabe runaway...

From what I've gathered from Autumn's makeup look's is mostly focused on strong well defined eyebrow's and strong bold lips!

The brows' can be worn a la 'Natural' as done perfectly by 'Calvin Klein' as shown below in the 1st image.

This means great skin to start off with and just keeping every part of your face immaculate especially your base.  
You can also wear your natural tidy eye brow's with matt wine hued lips that way your eye's are not fighting your lip's for attention as done by 'Vera Wang' & 'Lanvin' These are very much reminiscent of the 1940's era....

Strong matt lips is a must using any shade from the berry or wine red hues which worn in conjunction with great bases, so a good quality BB cream or a foundation is must and the cat's eye's are still very much visible with bold luscious red lips as done by 'Dolce & Gabbana' (the final pic)  which is great new's as I cannot do any special occasion's without well defined eye's and most South Asian girls will rather part with a limb then part with her khol/liquid liner!

We can also have fun with shimmery grey's as done 'Donna Karan'  or by using the ever popular orange toned eyeshadow's for matt natural eye's or a more glossy bold take as shown below by Gucci AW2013 best suited with nude/natural lips.

Calvin Klein
Lanvin Cat's Eye's
Salvatore Ferragamo
Donna Karan
Altuzarra
Prabal Gurang
Gucci AW2013
Lanvin
Vera Wang
Dolce & Gabbana
 
Hope you guys enjoyed this post as much as I did! 
I love make-up and if it was up to me I would talk about it endlessly but I think this post very much captures what we can wear on our face's for the next few month's.. Do let me know what you guys think? and let me know if you have a favourite look from any of the above?

I look forward to reading all your comments :)

It's Sayōnara for now my lovelies!




Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri