Skip to main content

July Beauty Buys!

Bonjour Ma Cherie! Ohh La la..

Nope I've not gone mad or emigrated to France but I just love the language and summer always reminds me of  gay 'Paris'  but do wish I could speak french fluently but as you can see from above its pretty limited to say the least!  But it does make everything sound a lot more 'tres chic' n'est-ce pas? ;)

Well that's on my bucket list of things do to but today I just wanted to share with you guys my purchases that I picked up during the month of July and what I thought about them. It has been a while since I had gone shopping for make-up so I think it may seem like a hefty haul but its all good as I'm a thrifty shopper who always looks for the bargain's!







Real Techniques Core Brushes
So here's my 1st purchase in the month of July! I've finally joined the bandwagon and purchased 1 of the 'Real Techniques' Brushes kit.
This is the Base flawless ~ Core collection brushes.
The core collection is a set of 4 brushes which consist's of the 'Pointed Foundation brush',  ideal for liquid foundation which is what I use on a regular basis.
The 'Buffing Brush' which is ideal for Mineral Foundation's & Cream to Powder Foundation.
The 'Conceal Brush' for those pesky little flaws & spots etc along with it being suitable to use as a lip brush and finally the 'Contouring Brush' which is the perfect addition to finishing off your base with a touch of contouring or high lightning.
I've seen so many post's about these brushes that I couldn't resit splurging my boots points on these babies! I've only used the foundation brush so far and it's not bad at all... I've still got to use the rest of the kit and I think 'Eid'  may be the perfect opportunity to have a play!


Bobbi Brown Skin Foundation
My 2nd purchase is the 'Bobbi Brown' Skin Foundation spf15 30ml in the shade warm natural.
I've replaced my 'Bobbi Brown Foundation stick in natural tan for the closest liquid version.
This foundation is less heavier then the stick and provides a more natural finish where as the stick provides with a more medium to full coverage.
As I've already mentioned this foundation does provide a natural finish with a subtle glow but is buildable to medium coverage if you find it to sheer or it's not providing enough coverage for imperfections.
The only draw back I'm finding at the moment with this is that you do have to make sure that you have moisturised well before application as it does seem to cling to dry patches just a little.
The shade warm natural is a little light for me but is wearable with a bronzer.
I think it will be perfect for use during winter when my tan has faded.




Sleek eyshadow palette

I also purchased 2 more eyeshadow palette's by 'Sleek' as I love how cheap they are and how much choice you have within the range.
I fell in lust with the 'Snapshot' Palette with its a beautiful shades of matt and shimmery colours with great pastels for the summer months I especially love the 'summer breeze' (mint).
This is a versatile palette with some colours that I've not tried before which I'm planning to have some fun with.



Super Drugs Sleek Eyeshadow palette
I also purchased the 'Oh so special' lol does the name ring a bell?
This palette has a for me the complete day to evening shades with lovely matt pinks, beige, brown & black for a easy to do smokey eye 
along with more shimmery pinks, greys, and aubergine/mulberry shade for a more dramatic smokey eye for the evening. The only thing as you may have noticed from the pic is that my palette decided to take a dive onto my bedroom floor WAAAHH




£9.50 at Boots
My next favourite purchases are the Benefit trail size goodies from Boot's! 
These purchases were absolutely fantastic and saved me a heap of dosh at the same time as a full size is £19.50 for 13ml and is £23.50 where as I purchased these mini treats for £9.50.
The 'Coral My World' trail kit has a mini Sun Beam & Coralista. Perfect for the summer day's we are having here in London, yes they are tiny but its great for someone looking to try them out for the 1st time without spending a fortune on the full size's.









£14.50 at Boots
Also picked up the very yummy lip/cheek tint collection for a fraction of the price.
The trio was a mere £14.50 where as the full size's are from £19.50 to £24.50.
These are versatile little pots of colour allowing you to have a lip & cheek in one for less bulk in the make-up bag. The trio include 'Cha Cha' 'Sun Beam' & Posie tint. I just wish it had the Bene tint instead of the 'Sun Beam' as I've doubled on that.
These are also great birthday/eid/xmas prezzies! not 100% sure if they are still around at Boots but if they are then they are well worth the purchase.

Maybelline Blush

Keeping in theme with cheeks I also purchased a Mabelline Dream Touch Blush as I've recently found out about a trick on making your blush last longer and that is to layer cream blush with powder blush in the same colour/shade to get a longer lasting colour play off! Its my 1st Maybelline Blush purchase so I'm looking forward to using this....









Rimmel Concealer

I also replaced my beloved 'Bobbi Brown' concealer with this 'Rimmel Match Perfection' concealer in the shade 040 soft beige to save a few pennies and so far I've gotto say that it's not bad at all.
This little tube comes with a handy little brush for easier application.
I've used this for a very important event under heavy duty lights/flashes and it's held up and the colour match technology seemed good enough for me as it blended into my skin tone really well.
I loved how it sank into my skin where needed without drying or creasing which is what I fear the most when wearing a concealer.








As some of you may have noticed I have a thing for coral lipsticks! and this is a more bold coral for my collection. This is shade 910 in the Maybelline Color Sensational Vivids range.

It is a big pop of colour which is what I was after. Its a beautiful pinky/red and it's perfect for the lush weather we've been having lately as all you need is a great lippy with a natural base/eye's nothing too complicated.
This is also very wearable for more dramatic evening or party lips you just need to make sure you moisturise your lips to build a more substantial colour block by blotting couple of times between at least 2 coat's of colour.



Revlon Mascara

I was really looking forward to this mascara and thank god I purchased this as a 3 for 2's offer along with the concealer & lipstick otherwise I would've felt more crap.
I've got to say that I'm really disappointed in this mascara!
This is what it say's on the boots website:
Revlon introduces a revolution in mascara with Grow Luscious Mascara. A multi-benefit mascara and lash enhancer that gives instantly longer and fuller lashes while helping them to grow stronger with each use.

I purchased the blackest black and to tell you the truth it seemed to me like any other regular black and not the darkest as I had expected. I was also disappointed with how it really wasn't as buildable as I want with my mascara's to be and it did clump!
I can't say that I've noticed any overall improvement in the growth or strength of my lashes but that may be due to not using it often enough only time will tell.


Love these £1.00 natural look lashes from Primark! you cannot go wrong with these and I tend to buy in bulk.
The only draw back is that you do have to invest in a good quality lash glue as the glue that comes with this is really not any good other wise these are very easy and comfy falsies to wear.










Ghost Sweetheart
My final purchase is the Ghost Sweetheart fragrance which was on offer. What can I say I love a bargain and this perfume was £33.90 and purchased for £22.60.

It's a lovely summer perfume and has a oriental floral smell which becomes quite subtle but does last for the whole day without fading completely. I have been using this since the day of purchase.











Hope you guys enjoyed this post..
Do let me if you guys have tried any of the above and what your experience has been with any? and if there's anyone out there who would like to teach me French for real then give me a shout lol!

It's A' la prochaine! That's until next time.. 

Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri