Skip to main content

Healthy Hair Tips - Guest Post

Hey guys,
First of all, let me introduce myself.
My name is Niha, and i'm guest posting here. I'm 14 and i'm not very good at describing myself lol. I'm your average teenager, I laze around all day, listen to music, {i can't do any kind of work without listening to believe aye} use a bit of instagram, snapchat and twitter here and there, I tend to stay up too late and struggle to get out of bed-- but hey what teenager doesn't?

As you all know, it's the six week holiday and with school getting closer and closer my mums been more busy than usual. So with nothing to do other than sit around and wait for something to pop up and do, i've decided to do a few blog posts here and there to fill in the gaps when my mum doesn't have much time. We've had Ramadan, my brothers operation and the usual house duties, we've all had a very busy holiday so far.

Today I wanted to share with you all my hair care routine, over the last 2 years I have used henna, dip dyed {re dyed my ends a few times} along with the usual blowdrying, straighting, curling etc..
overall my hair has had a total bashing, but I maintain it and keep it healthy or so some friends and family would say. Last year, I noticed my hair was becoming extremely dry and not looking very nice.

So if your hair is dry, lacking volume or you're just looking for a good routine to maintain your locks, keep reading :)

  My haircare routine

{I wash my hair every other day, sometimes every two days as its important to let your hair 'breathe', its not good to over wash it as it can cause your hair to go dry, especially if you blow dry  / straighten / curl it after washing, even if you do allow your hair to 'air dry' it will still dry your hair out}



what I use:
- Pantene pro v repair and protect (Boots 400ml - £3.69)
-Australian organics intensive care shampoo(john lewis -£4.29)
-Aussie miracle moist conditioner (Boots 250 ml - ££4.49)
- boots- coconut & almond leave in conditioner (Boots 250 ml - £1.00)
 -naked style - miracle worker leave in conditioner (nakedbodycare.com (x) 150 ml £4.99)



 steps:
1. (I make sure my hair is brushed of all knots so it is easier wash)
I start off with shampooing my hair with "Australian organics intensive care shampoo" mixed with "Pantene pro v - repair & protect shampoo" { I started off using the Australian organics alone and found that it was a little dry and didn't foam as well as other shampoos do, so I mixed it with pantene and found that it was nourishing my hair a lot more} 


2. After shampooing my hair, I use "Aussie - Miracle moist conditioner" {I like using these australian  brands as they tend to be better for your hair} I leave this on for 5 minutes before rinsing it out with warm water (using water which is too hot can cause your hair to dry and fall out) 
if you have naturally curly hair that gets frizzy easily, I would suggest to use "john freida- frizz ease hair serum" after you finish conditioning. 

3. After washing my hair, I towel dry it until it no longer drips. I then brush it until it is completely smooth and towel dry any ends that are still dripping after being brushed.

4. I then Apply "boots- coconut & almond leave in conditioner" from root to tip and then brush it through

5. The last thing I do is apply "naked style - miracle worker" to the ends of my hair, which has helped to strengthen and mend my dried ends.

You can either leave your hair to dry naturally (which is always the healthier option for your hair) or blow dry it which I always tend to do anyway :)  

I have been doing this routine for about half a year now and have found it very effective and has helped maintain my hair from looking drab and dry




 hot oil treatment (optional)

Every two weeks or so, I do the "hot oil treatment" which helps to give your hair moisture that it may be lacking due to harsh weather / products / heat

You can use:
- Olive oil
- grape seed oil
  (both can be found in the food section in your local supermaket)
-coconut oil (I haven't tried this, but i've heard it's just as effective as olive oil / grape seed oil)

You will need:
- a tablespoon
- a bowl
- a stove



1.turn your stove on to medium heat
2.pour the chosen oil onto your tablespoon and put it over the heat for a minute
3. pour the oil into a bowl and let it cool down a little (if you feel as if you need more oil, repeat the process while waiting for the oil already in the bowl to cool down)
4. dip the tip of your middle three fingers into the oil and slowly begin massaging into your scalp in circular motions starting from your roots until you reach the bottom your hair (patience will be needed)
 Not only will this help your hair regain its moisture, but the massaging will stimulate your roots helping it to grow. 
You can leave this on overnight for the best results, I tend to leave it on for 20-30 minutes (10 if its too late) before rinsing out and carrying on with the rest of my routine :) 


That's me done for today :)
 Niha



Comments

  1. Hi Niha! Nice blog! Be interested in knowing more about dip dying- did you use henna? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi Niha! Nice blog! Be interested in knowing more about dip dying- did you use henna? Xx

    ReplyDelete
  3. Hey Amina! Its Easmin here :) She had her dip dye done by my mates daughter but not by using henna. She had the ends bleached and then added the chosen dye...
    Btw, can you le me know if my reply gets to you hun as I'm not too sure if this template is working with the Q&A section :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Thats interesting, I always thought bleach and henna were a no no....

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. But now that I've read ur reply properly I understand. Lol got a bit excited and published b4 I read all ur reply x

      Delete
    2. She had put henna on her hair the year i think! But I guess she was lucky that there was no adverse reaction..

      Delete
  5. Great hair care routine. I love your blog. Do you accept for guest posting?

    Check out also my page: Natural Hair Regrow

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri