Skip to main content

'Too Faced' Tinted Beauty Balm Review!


Too-Faced-Tinted-Beauty-Balm £24.50

Hellooo lovely ladies! and maybe some gent's! today I'm doing a another review of a new addition to my 'Brown Girl's' beauty find's. 

This is the latest BB cream purchased, which I'm really excited about and couldn't wait to share with you all....

The sun was shinning over the weekend and it made me feel like we are slowly creeping towards spring and needing  a bit of colour on our winter skin... Ohh la! la!!

So this is my very 1st product review for the brand 'Too Faced'!  and I have to say that I was pleasantly surprised by how much I liked this Beauty Balm! 

I had been eyeing this and the 'Smashbox BB Cream' at the larger Boot's store for a while and had tried  both on my face in store and actually liked the feel and consistency of the 'Too Faced' Beauty Balm as I found that the Smashbox BB Cream gave a more flat finish where as this gave a more natural luminous look.

I  decided to not purchase this until my beloved 'Clarin's Super Restorative tinted creammini review here had completely finished just to justify the price as it's not exactly cheap... but am very glad that I did as I actually do really like it!




Now to start this Beauty Balm! you have to talk a little about the absolutely gorgeous packaging!
you cannot miss or not love the very cutesy packaging on all the 'Too Faced' product's. They are ultra old school feminine with an emphasis on glamour and very appealing to the eye.




This Beauty Balm comes in a very simple and efficient squeezy tube and you can some what control how much product you want to use..
The BB comes in 4 shades which are: vanilla glow, cream glow, nude glow, beach glow.

I chose the darkest shade which is 'Beach Glow' but I think I could also get away with using the 3rd darkest shade which is the 'Nude Glow' with a bronzer to warm up.

The 'Beach Glow'  is a very nice shade but as usual it's not my perfect match and is a little on the darker side for my South Asian skin colouring but with a little bit of my magic 'Tinted Glow Enhancer' from 'Body Shop' (now discontinued) added it actually matched my colouring exactly and gave me a lovely healthy 'GLOW'!




The job of this Beauty Balm like most is to provide a multiple skincare benefit's along with a touch of colour.
This is what it says it does on the 'Boot's' website:

  1. Light-diffusing pigments tint and add radiance (available in 4 shades)
  2. Anti-aging, multi-mineral complex primes & prevents damage.
  3. Moisturises with oil-free hydration.
  4. Hypo-allergenic and soothing for all skin types.
  5. Broad-spectrum, chemical-free SPF 20
  6. Multi-use: Can be used as a primer to prep skin for either foundation for more coverage, or powder for a lighter finish.
The price of this Beauty Balm at £24.50 is a bit more then the usual BB Creams you would find in your local Boot's or Super Drug's but its a substantial tube of a cream (45ml) and the quality is great along with the broad spectrum SPF of 20 which for me is always a must and is equal to the sun protection that the Clarin's Super Restorative provides but is cheaper in comparison to the £37.19 I usually pay for the 'Clarins' 30ml tube

This is a brilliant a quick and easy to use BB Cream.  The subtle glow is healthy looking and the light-coverage formula makes the skin feel and look smoother while the vitamin A is supposed to help even skin tone and reduce wrinkles over time, while the chamomile is supposed to  soothes on the spot.  
Does it do the job of a primer for foundation coverage? I'm not too sure about as I still haven't used it as such but it does provide a great coverage for everyday wear. It provides a beautiful natural base without looking too done-up.
 
On my bare wrist
As you blend it feels and spreads like a regular moisturiser.

How it looks once completely blended! A very natural finish..


I have used this BB Cream for around  6 to 8 hours at a time with a little of my 'Mac Mineralize Skinfinish Natural Powder' in Medium Dark on top and thankfully I didn't look like a oil slick at the end of the day which is a plus point in my opinion for most BB Cream's.
 
From my opinion this  is suitable for troublesome skin types and my sensitive skin has had no reaction what so ever from the usage and hopefully will see some of the above mentioned results...

The only real gripe I have found is that it has a super fine 'sparkly bits' which appear randomly on some application!  It doesn't spoil the look but it's not something that I particularly like :( and no matter what it says on the packaging about BB Cream's not needing a moisturiser underneath it. I always find that even with my combination skin you still need a little of your usual moisturiser just to make sure you have got rid of any dry patches and to provide a nice smooth even finish....

This BB Cream for me is a definite keeper and am actually looking forward to using it on a regular basis with my trusted additions for a beautiful natural everyday base!



Hope you guys found this little post informative and do let me know if you have tried this already or are thinking of purchasing? 
I would love to know what you think of this or any of the other product's I have reviewed or have mentioned?

Here's hoping for a sunnier Spring!

Bye! Bye! for now...






Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri