Skip to main content

Body Shop... Love's & Hate

Hi Guys! just a quick post about a few of my Body Shop bits that I have been using on and off since Autumn! and thought I would just share my thoughts on them..

The items that I have actually fallen in love with are the 'Camomile Waterproof Eye Make-up Remover' & the lovely 'Extra Virgin Mineral's Powder Foundation Brush' (or as we know it a 'Kabuki brush') 

camomile waterproof eye make-up remover £7.00
The Camomile Waterproof Make-Up Remover is brilliant! 
I had been looking for a effective eye make-up remover for a while and have tried from the cheapest to the most expensive ones out there and had nearly given up until I came across this tube of magic!

This make -up remover doesn't cost a fortune and has caused no irritation to my very sensitive eye's whooppiie!
It does exactly what it says on the packaging and is an easy no frills addition to my everyday cleansing ritual. 

This cream is cool and gentle on your fragile eye area and I'm guessing that's due to the soothing nature of 'Camomile' and doesn't feel like your eye's are being stripped of all moisture whilst your removing your favourite waterproof mascara! and an added bonus I've not seen many eyelashes being lost in the process and have been left with silky, conditioned lashes :))) 
This one is a must for anyone looking for a effective new addition to their cleansing routine...

Me before and after using a single dollop on a cotton wool pad to remove all of the above eyeliner & mascara. Pic taken 2 o'clock in the morning

The 2nd 'LOVE' from my Body Shop collection is their Extra Virgin Minerals™ Powder Foundation Brush!

extra virgin minerals powder foundation brush £16.00


I bought this on offer with the 'Nature's Mineral Powder Foundation' which has now been replaced by the 'Extra Virgin Mineral Foundation' and paid a lot less then what it is being sold for at the moment.
The brush is recommended for the 'Mineral Foundation' which comes as a loose powder Foundation and this brush is what's recommended for the application. 
Now in all honesty I found this foundation difficult to use with the brush and it does take a while to master the application technique and you will need lot's of practise and a light hand to get a natural coverage and that's mainly due to the actual Foundation rather then a fault with the brush.




BUT!! this brush is excellent for making any of your bronzer's, powder blusher's or compact powder's last longer as the dense super soft bristle's (which are synthetic)  helps provide long lasting coverage. This brush is a great little addition to my collection and really worth the investment!





My hate or 'dislike' is the 'Loose Powder' and I'm not sure why I purchased this apart from thinking that I needed to invest in a mid range loose powder to use over my Tinted Moisturiser or BB Cream's.


loose face powder shade no3 £12.50


I have been looking for a replacement for my 'Bourjois Loose powder which has been discontinued *sob* *sob*

Unfortunately this was also a dissapointment as it sat in my fine lines and made my combination skin look dry on the cheeks whilst sinking into my pores and making them look twice as noticeable... 

Shade no3 as seen on my hand

The powder also made me look washed out and tired and I think that's due to the greyish hue that this particular powder has (maybe it's the shade I was matched to) 




Hope you guys enjoyed this post and there are some real gem's here worth spending your money on and hope you go out and give them a go...

Would love to know if anyone of you lovelies have tried any of the above and either loved or hated any?
All feedback is very much appreciated and I reply to all comments :)

Much love for now!



Body shop camomile-waterproof-eye-make-up-remover £7.00

Body Shop extra-virgin-minerals-powder-foundation-brush £16.00

Body shop loose-face-powder £12.50



Comments

  1. I love Body Shop! :*

    GIVEAWAY ON MY BLOG!!!!
    http://landing-in-fashion.blogspot.gr/2013/04/landing-no32-giveaway-win-new-look.html#more

    ReplyDelete

Post a Comment

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri