Skip to main content

Nivea's Winter Skin Rescue!!

Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Lotion Review.



Nivea Rich Nourishing Body Lotion £3.50 400ml
 

With the weather being so cold and miserable its no wonder that we are suffering from dry skin conditions and it can be twice as bad if you have any particular skin condition in colder weather specially with the central heating turned up wayyy high!
Most of you probably have a particular body moisturiser that you love to use and its something that most people don't really think twice about but for me it's been a different story until now, all that has changed thank's to this Body Lotion.
 
I love this Nivea Nourishing Body Lotion and was recently introduced to it via the 'In Style Mini Magazine Best Beauty Buys 2013 giude'  which I picked up in John Lewis. 
All the products within it are voted by 182 industry experts in Beauty and to my surprise there are quite a few products which I'm using already or have used in the past... whoop!  points me lol :)



Now being a eczema sufferer its really difficult finding a body moisturiser which does the job without irritation and believe me its a task and due that reason I've just been sticking to good old 'Olive Oil' topped up with 'Sanctuary Body Moisture Spray' which has a lovely fragrance with added benefits of sweet almond, jojoba & vitamin E.


 My sanctuary Body Moisture Spray £2.5050ml and Tesco Olive Oil put into an old bottle face wash bottle
http://www.boots.com/en/Sanctuary-Daily-Spa-Escape-Body-Moisture-Spray_1232274/



Now back to the Nivea Body Lotion
This was voted the 'best inexpensive Body Moisturiser' by the experts and to tell you the truth at less then £5.00 what's not to love about this?

It has a lovely smooth & creamy texture. Feels really luxurious and absorbs really well without leaving any stickiness. 
It leaves your skin completely moisturised and makes your skin look dewy and healthy without a hint of tackiness or oiliness.  


The lotion provides moisturisation from almond oil and has a very recognisable fragrance from nivea (specially if you have used their nivea cream in a tub) also packaged in the familiar blue colour and is specifically targeted for dry skin and provides long lasting deep moisture feel from
'Hydra IQ' 

Which nivea say is :
'Hydra IQ  promotes a non-stop moisture supply from within the skin. The formulation supports the skin's own water channels to enhance your natural moisturisation'

Now what ever it is that Nivea are doing I'm not really too fussed, because for me it just does the job that so many other body lotions had failed in doing.
I am now a big fan and cannot to without it on a daily basis and don't think I will be looking at any other body lotions for a long time.

I hope you guys found this post interesting specially for those who do suffer from any form of eczema and are always looking for alternatives to those 'Diprobase/Doublebase lotions that doctors prescribe. I had given up on finding a nice smelling regular body lotion that I could use without setting off a round of itchy knee's in public.....

Do let me know if you guys give this a go or have already tried it? and would I love to know how any fellow eczema sufferer's get on with this?

That's it for today my lovelies!


Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri