Skip to main content

Foundation Alert!

Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make-Up Review!


This is what it says about the foundation on their website:

 Estée Lauder Invisible Fluid Makeup


Best Foundation - Elle Magazine 2012


See no makeup. Feel no makeup™.First-ever IntuiTone™ technology guarantees your true-to-life shade and keeps it real in every light.Fresh, flawless, radiant. Ultra light, ultra breathable, oil-free.

It will change how you feel about makeup forever.

In long-lasting shades for every beautiful skintone.

Weightless, buildable coverage. Air-infused with every shake.

Blends so perfectly for the look and feel of bare skin-only better.

Lasts all day. Controls excess oil. Won't clog pores.



Oh My Gosh! Where do I start with this little bottle of sheer magic?

And that's exactly what this is! 
This foundation is my second favourite foundation of all time and would've been my first but Mac Face & Body C4  beat it ever so slightly, and only because they have the best shade selection ever and work out cheaper...
Now I'm not a new fan of Estee Lauder Foundation's, I actually wore one of her foundation's on my wedding day almost 18 years ago

I really do think its one of the best quality, long lasting foundation range's around and you are getting exactly what you are paying for.

Like 'Mac'  Estee Lauder do have a brilliant range of shades to choose from and like Mac they give you the ability to choose your 'Tone' with the depth of colour and its one of the more important things that I have to look for with pinkish Asian skin. I need to get a good balance of yellow to counteract the pink in my skin without looking like I've been tangoed :0

This Estee Lauder Foundation is a newby, its £27.00 for 30ml which is not great price wise but it has filled a gap when it comes to their foundation range as I personally think they needed another sheer to medium foundation.
The only other sheer to medium foundation is the 'Double Wear' Light but I still found it a little heavy (more medium) with a matt finish rather then a radiant finish which is what I prefer and looks much more natural.

The foundation comes in a small plastic bottle and is easy enough to carry around in your make-up bag but can leak a little inside the cap! so it's a good idea to hold upright for a few seconds just so you don't make a mess.


The consistency is a watery fluid which if not shaken thoroughly comes out of the nozzle looking very odd but its not a issue when it comes to application as its just glides onto the skin with almost no effort and can be used with a sponge, foundation brush or your fingers.


I bought 4WN1 as I thought it looked almost perfect on my skin when the mua put it on with her make-up brush, it just needed a little bronzer to finish it.... 
I have since tried it with my fingers and I am just as pleased with the result...


This pic below shows my wrist before application of the foundation. You can clearly see my greenish veins.



This is how the foundation looks prior to blending and a small squeeze is sufficient to do the whole face as you will see below that it actually spreads and blends really well....


 

The image below show's the finished look of this foundation and as you can tell that it is very natural looking but does provide a sheer coverage (you can still see my veins but its not as noticeable) but it is buildable enough to provide you with medium coverage without looking cakey.




Now do I think this foundation gives you everything that 'Estee Lauder' have mentioned in their website?

Firstly I'm not sure what they mean by the ™.First-ever IntuiTone™ technology guarantees your true-to-life shade

But it does look natural with a radiant finish and I guess does resemble true to life skin shade/tone
It feels fresh without looking cakey as its water based and not oil based. (oil free)
It is sheer but able to build to medium coverage.
It will last you almost the whole day provided you have built it up to a medium coverage.
The few negatives are these but I think because you are getting such a lovely product the negatives are all workable. 

Its probably not suited for drier skin as its water based it can accentuate dry patches. 
I think its sensible to moisturise thoroughly before using this as even on my combination skin it did flake a little around the dry patch that I had on my cheek.
It has no SPF so it maybe useful to make sure you are wearing a moisturiser which already has a SPF or to put a sun protector on before hand.
It also gave me no break outs YAYY!!

I simply love this! and even though I don't use foundation's on a regular basis, this is almost as easy to use as a tinted moisturiser and is useful for more formal work days rather then going to the gym or the school run.
I will probably purchase the next shade up for the summer and I think if I mix the 2 shade's together I will get my perfect colour without the need of warming up with a bronzer.

I hope you guys give this a go as in my book its a real winner but would love to know what you guys think of it too? 
And the best thing about 'Estee Lauder' is that they are great out handing out sample's unlike many other 'High End' brands which makes it a lot easier to try before you buy!

Have fun guys and stay tuned for my Drug Store foundation Review coming soon... :)


Bye, Bye for now!




 
Follow me via BLOGLOVIN Too http://www.bloglovin.com/feed/blog/4941717


Estee Lauder Invisible Fluid Make-Up at John Lewis:
http://www.johnlewis.com/est-eacute-e-lauder-invisible-fluid-makeup/p320215

Mac Face & Body Foundation at Selfridges:
http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Brand-rooms/Contemporary/MAC/Face/Foundation/Face-and-Body-Foundation-50ml_329-81004873-MMGT/

Comments

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri