Skip to main content

Bobbi Brown BB Cream Review

   

Not so great BB!








What does a woman do when her favourite tinted moisturiser's not available in the shade she loves? 

She does the most obvious and looks for an answer in her other favourite brand  'Bobbi Brown'.


But nooo what a disappointment!  
Bobbi Brown let herself down in a big way with this and its going to upset some people that I'm saying this but for me this particular 'BB Cream' was a major flop.... boo hoo

So what is a BB Cream I hear you say
Well for the people who don't know yet and I'm sure there aren't that many people left who haven't heard of this cult product which had taken over for some as an alternative to foundations/tinted moisturiser's here in the UK

BB Cream stands for Blemish Balm. Has its origins in German Pharmaceutical (which is supposed to moisturise, heal, protect, give coverage with SPF) and has been a staple in Asia for a number of years and has been making its presence felt over here for the past a few of years.
There are now many brands doing their very own version of BB Creams. Which is great news for us!

This BB cream by 'Bobbi Brown'  Is like most out there. It performs like a lightweight foundation combining moisturisation, treatment and coverage with SPF all in one.
This sounds like a winner as it ticks all the boxes for BB cream requirements but there are cheaper alternatives like Sanctuary Spa Covent Garden - Skin Perfecting BB Cream SPF 15 50ml  £15.00 which Moisturise's and Conceals for a Flawless Finish, with half the price tag. http://www.ohhsopeachy.com/2013/01/my-top-5-tinted-moisturiserbb-creams.html
 




But I did choose it as it looked like the closest colour shade for my South Asian, pinkish olive skin tone and the closest match to my 'Clarin's Super Restorative' Tinted Cream (which had just finished and I had made sure I got every last drop by cutting the top lol ) and it had the high SPF factors that I look for in face products.

Now don't get me wrong I love many 'Bobbi Brown' face products. I am a big fan of her liquid foundations and specially fond her foundation sticks & concealer sticks... They are the most used items in my make-up bag but this for me was a major let down as I had very high expectations as it was also recommended by quite a few people that I know.

So what let this BB Cream down after hearing all the hype? and from so many people and for me I have to say it is the shade...

The BB Cream to be fair isn't as bad in terms of shades as a many other brands out there. 
It does come in 5 different shades from very light to dark. Extra Light, Light, Fair, Medium, and finally Medium to Dark which the shade that I chose. 
In all honesty the medium to dark shade really isn't as dark as it could be and whilst you're at the counter trying it on under the store lights it does look ok but wearing it outdoors its a completely different kettle of fish.


Medium to Dark shade before blending on my arm
The pic above shows the medium to dark shade on my arm before blending and it does look like the correct shade for my skin tone.
Another thing to note is that if you're not very careful then a lot of product does come out of this squeezy tube. All you need is a dollop about the size a 5p coin and even that maybe a tad too much for some people.

Sheen on skin after blending

The coverage isn't too bad, it does blur imperfections as you would expect and smooths your complexion but unfortunately for me its a complete let down after blending.... as it feels quite heavy and greasy on the skin even though it is supposed to be oil free and I think it also takes on a slightly greyish pearlescent sheen which maybe because of the very high SPF in the product. 
I have tried to show this in the pic and unfortunately it does oxidise further and after wearing it for a few hours even my husband commented that I looked too pale! 

So the bottom line for me is that it's really not worth the £28.00 price tag for this product, especially if you're not going to get the shade that you need and knowing that you can get similar products for half the price from other brands is a major let down.
It really is disappointing for me that a very respected brand like 'Bobbi Brown' who is the one place where you are supposed to go to for colour match wasn't able to pull this off.. but on the plus side if you are after a high SPF BB cream this is it! but you will definitely need a bronzer to warm it up!

So for now I think I shall stick to my 'Clarin's Super Restorative' along with my other tried and tested bb creams/tinted moisturiser http://www.ohhsopeachy.com/2013/01/my-top-5-tinted-moisturiserbb-creams.html until my skin changes or something else catches my eye's.

Hope you guys found this informative and do let me know if you think otherwise? 
We all want different things from our skincare and react differently to products so it's always good to share our experience's with each other....

Bye Bye for now!

 
http://www.selfridges.com/en/Beauty/Categories/BB-Cream-SPF-35_299-85076589-E6Y80/
http://www.johnlewis.com/bobbi-brown-bb-cr-me-spf-35/p351692
http://www.bobbibrown.co.uk/ 

Comments

  1. Thank you so much for visiting my blog and your lovely comment!!!:) Hope you will visit again. I am also a new blogger. I love your blog so I decided to follow. You don't have a button that says join this site but I think I was able to join. let me known if I in. :)Hope you can follow me back if you liked my blog.
    Take care
    Claudia
    http://claudiapersi.blogspot.ca/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hi Claudia, No worries and thank you for your lovely comments :) I'm really new to this so am in the process of adding the follow/join this site option lol! I'll add you via the google+ for now if you don't mind :)
      Easmin xx

      Delete
    2. Hi Claidia, Its done please feel free to follow using the 'Join this site' Your support is very much appreciated :)
      Easmin xx

      Delete
  2. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  3. This comment has been removed by the author.

    ReplyDelete
  4. I stumbled across your blog when i was looking for other blogs to follow. I decided to nominate you for Liebster award. I hope you have as much fun filling out this post as i did and that you get a chance to come check out my blog

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Hey Holly, Thanks I think! I'm pretty new to all this but thank you for the nomination and I'll do my best :) You're very welcome to follow my blog and i'll be sure to check out and follow your blog back of course.
      Easmin xx

      Delete
  5. I found that this bb cream sucked all the moisture out of my skin within about an hour of it being on. It looked great at first but it got so uncomfortable I couldn't wait to come home and wash it off. My face is still pretty angry with me, not sure what I'll do with the rest of the tube but my dry skin can't handle this :-/

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That's a shame! Hope your skin's better now :)

      Easmin x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri