Skip to main content

Dr Hauschka's Daily Face Care Review

Most people will tell you that the foundation to great skin is to find the best skin care routine that suits your skin type and to stick to it religiously and they wouldn't be wrong... 

But usually finding the right skincare product that suits you is the first hurdle and if you have difficult temperamental skin then it can be a nightmare and cost a fortune at the same time.....

In my search for that elusive hero skincare regime I had heard and read of a range called 'Dr Hauschka's' but never got around to trying out until very recently. 

This is my product review of the 'Daily Face Care' kit that I have been using....

All products within this kit have been tried and tested on myself for the last 7 days.

One of the main reasons I went for this particular range of products is that I liked their holistic and natural approach to skin care. 
I find that as I'm getting older I am a lot more selective about what I'm putting on my skin and in essence into myself and this range is all about that.

The approach of Dr Hauschka's Skin care is that its treating your whole self rather then just your skin as something separate and external from your core. 
If you feel well and look well on the outside then you will of course feel better & confident on the inside.

All their products are also certified natural with high quality plants oils, natural waxes and natural essential oils with no chemical, synthetic fragrances, colour's or preservatives and are all sourced ethically and ecologically bringing together the whole holistic approach.
 
I have been using the Melissa Day Cream for around a month now and I am over the moon with how it has made my skin feel and look but like most of this range it came at a hefty price tag of £24.95 for 30ml but so far its been a worthy investment..

Since starting the day moisturiser and not suffering from any side effects I decided to brave the 30 day trial size Face Care kit for Oily & Impure Skin which was at a reasonable price of £17.95 and it included all of the items listed below:

Cleansing Cream 10g, 
Clarifying Lotion 10ml,
Normalizing Day Cream
Rejuvenating mask 5g, 
Cleansing Clay Mask 10g
Facial steam bath 10ml,

I haven't felt this excited about a skin care range in a long time apart from a little fiddling with the Cleansing Cream this range is brilliant!
I have been using it exclusively for the last 7 days and have had no adverse effect on my skin at all.
My skin looks and feels amazing. It is smoother, clearer without feeling dry or oily.

I will go through the regime by staring from the top which is the Cleansing Cream.....

Cleansing Cream Ingredients £14,95 or £4.00 for 5ml trail size

The Cleansing Cream is a wash of cleanser and is stated as the core to the Dr Hauschka's skin care regime.
It is very effective cleanser once you have got your head around how it feels as the texture is grained like an exfoliator rather then any regular wash off cleansers......
Also this is not for you if you are a person who likes their cleansers to foam as this just does not foam at all rather it just melts of your face as you rinse and leaves behind a lovely non dry smooth surface.

The instructions are a little strange as its states to dissolve the cleanser on the palm of your hand with water and to press onto a wet face and not rub but to roll  (which i'm still struggling to do) and to keep on adding more water if it feels like you are exfoliating rather then washing you face.

The best thing to do I found was to gently press and smooth onto a wet face making sure that it is very moist and to rinse thoroughly with tepid water and finish of by rinsing with cold.  
Unfortunately one of the other major negative point for some may be that it will not remove make-up! 
You will definitely need to remove your make-up first with a wipe or an additional make-up remover which is a real shame as its not very cheap to purchase in the 1st instance.



I then used the Clarifying Toner which smells amazing, doesn't sting or burn and actually smelt very similar to Liz Earle's 'Instant Boost Skin Tonic'.

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/face-care/clarifying-toner £24.95 for 100ml

Normally the toner comes as a spritz but because this is a sample it comes straight out of the bottle and I just wiped it across my whole face with cotton wool to remove all residue of makeup, dirt & cleanser which left it feeling clean & refreshed at the same time without any drying effect.


I then used the Normalizing Face Oil all over my face & neck as a day moisturiser.
This oil is lovely to use as it spreads very easily and hardly has any smell/fragrance (I have used Decleor Aromessence Ylang Ylang & ClarinsBlue Orchid Oil) both have quite strong overpowering smell where as this oil has virtually none at all which in my case is a real bonus.

http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/face-care/normalising-day-oil £24.25
 
The added plus point to this oil is that you an use it along with any of your regular moisturiser's or use it as a cleansing treat by warming a few drops on a tea spoon and then massaging it onto your face and wiping it of with a wet  hot flannel for a deep moisturised cleansed skin. 
Its brilliant for dehydrated skin or weather beaten dry skin and will benefit you with all the essential oils that it is packed with.
One of the recommendations by Dr Hauscka is not to use this oil at night or any heavy night cream on your face but to allow your skin to breath naturally and to allow it to heal & rejuvenate naturally.


The additional items in the kit have also been used.

I used the Facial Steam Bath twice now within the last 7 days with my facial steamer (5 mins) you just drop a teaspoon straight into your water which was great for my oily/ combination skin and it deep cleaned & unblocked my pores when used straight after with the Cleansing Mud Mask
It can also be used with any mud mask as I have also used it with my Origins 'Out Of Trouble' face mask and have no adverse reaction at all.



http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/face-care/facial-steam-bath £26.95 100ml


I have also used the Rejuvenating Face Mask which felt amazing whilst moisturing and calming some of the redness on my face it also made my skin look ultra rested.


http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/products/face-care/cleansing-clay-mask £25.45 90g
                                                                     

To tell you the truth I am absolutely in love with this kit and will definitely be repurchasing this again until I can afford the full size purchase of the 'Normalising Day Oil' & 'The Facial Steam Bath' which in my book really are the hero products.
But for the time being I would highly recommend this whole trail kit for anyone suffering from problematic oily/combination skin......

It is a rather expensive range but what I have to say overall is that you are not going to be dissapointed with this kit and all the products are well sourced and packed with pure essential oils & minerals and you are definitely getting back what you have paid for and more.......

To make a purchase you can buy from John Lewis or direct from Dr Hauschka's and many products are available as single trail size sample's! Do let me know how you get on if you try any of these items... We can compare notes on which out of the lot was the best or the worst!
Until next time 




Sourced: Dr Hauschka online http://www.drhauschka.co.uk/home 

Sourced: John Lewis online http://www.johnlewis.com/beauty/dr-hauschka/c600002152











Comments

  1. Excellent post. I was checking continuously this blogs and I’m impressed! Very helpful information specially the remaining part I care for such information much. I was looking for this particular info for a long time. Thanks and best of luck

    Anti aging clinic

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you Tahsin,
      Apologies for missing your lovely comment!

      It is a very good breand and very effective.
      Easmin x

      Delete

Post a Comment

Popular

Ex1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation Reviewed!

Hi beautiful peeps! Hope everyone's well and learning how to swim!  It seems that we in the UK are getting more rain then the monsoon season in India and it doesn't look like it's going to be letting up anytime soon :( Now that we've made a bit of chit chat lets get on with the review of this EX1 Invisiwear Liquid Foundation which has been manufactured by Farah Naz. I purchased this foundation from Top Shop in central London for £10.50 you can purchase this  here The size is 30ml and Top Shop has the whole range available to test and sample. This is what it say's on the EX1 Website about the foundation.. EX1 INVISIWEAR LIQUID FOUNDATIONS  A lightweight and luminous liquid base, formulated with light diffusers which unify skin tone and cover imperfections effortlessley. Specially designed 'true colour' pigments work perfectly with your skins natural tones in a velvety smooth ultra-blended formula. Cleverly designed light diffusing pa

What's on your lips?

Do you always know what your wearing on your lips? or do you just know the name of the brand & shade? With Red lipsticks being very popular at the moment and me trying to find my perfect shade of red I found out a few more things then I had anticipated.... Well this may not be news to some people as it was to me but it really did shock me to find out that nearly 50% of all lipsticks manufactured in the US contains pig fat to give the shiny appearance!  I always thought to myself that in this day and age where there are so many synthetic & vegetarian alternative's cosmetic companies wouldn't still be using animal derived ingredients but I was very disappointed by what I found. The very brief summary below shows a list's all the animal, fish, insect derived ingredients which are used routinely in majority of lipsticks here in the UK. Names of animal derived ingredients. Wax (usually beeswax)  provides the solid shape of the lipstick. Glycerine (usuall

*Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation versus *Urban Decay NakedSkin Liquid Make-Up swatches

Swatches From Benefit Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW Foundation in Beige & Toasted Beige & Decay naked Skin Liquid Make-Up shade 6, 7 ,  Hello my lovelies! Today's post is all about my latest foundation swatches for shades suitable for mid-tone South Asian skin colouring (as in me) or Olive skin tones without too much yellow.   The samples I picked up are from Benefit and Urban Decay . I picked up 2 of each from the 2 different brands and was colour matched by the make-up consultant and was given 2 samples from each to try out at home, which is great as its really difficult to get a real match under the store lights.. The foundation swatches that I am reviewing today are 'Hello Flawless Oxygen WOW from Benefit (shades *Beige & *Toasted Beige)   Naked Skin Liquid Make-Up from Urban Decay (*shades no 6 & 7) which is the first F oundation by Urban Decay. They do have a Beauty Balm but I was looking for a natural finish foundation for everyday use duri